Işıl Özışık was born in Kırklareli in 1939. In his middle and high school time, he studied painting with Ömer Hatipoğlu, Turgut Zaim, Cemal Bingöl and Eşref Üren. In 1963, he graduated from the Archaeology Department in the Faculty of Letters at Ankara University. He became a painter after working as an assistant at the University for 3 years. Since 1991, Özışık has painted in water colors. He has had over 70 solo exhibitions and participated in many group exhibitions in Turkey and abroad. His works can be seen in public and private collections in Turkey and foreign countries. Currently, Özışık lives in Turkey and the USA and continues painting. He is a member of the Washington Society of Landscape Painters in the USA.
- 1972, Turkey Watercolor Group Competition, Second prize
- 1974, Ankara Arts Graphics Painting Competition, Merit Bonus
- 1975, Ankara Arts Graphics Painting Competition, Merit Bonus
- 1980, Artists’ Club Best Painter for Watercolor
- 1993, Washington the Art League American Landscape Competition, Grand Prize
- 1995, Washington the Art League American Landscape Competition, Grand Prize